The Centerville Public Library has implemented automatic-renewals for items checked out on patron accounts. This means eligible items will be renewed automatically and patrons do not have to log in to their accounts or ask library staff to renew materials.
When will my item automatically renew?
The Evergreen Indiana system will attempt to renew your item on the due date. If successful, the due date will be extended a full loan period. If unsuccessful, you will be expected to return your item on the original due date. If you have given us your email address, you will receive an email indicating whether or not items on your account were renewed. Please make sure your email address is up-to-date by logging into your library account or calling us at 765-855-5223. If you are unsure of the status of your check-outs, you can always log in to your account or call the library to inquire.
Sample of successful auto-renewal notification:
Sample of blocked auto-renewal notification:
Why won’t my item auto-renew?
An item will NOT automatically renew if:
- Another library user has requested it.
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals.
- Your account is blocked due to maximum overdue items, lost items, or unpaid charges over $10.
- Your account is expired. (Please visit the library to renew your account.)
- The item is a digital item through Overdrive/Libby.
- The item was loaned through SRCS, Indiana’s Statewide Remote Circulation Service, not Evergreen.
Can I renew my item early?
Yes, if you prefer, you may renew items early by logging into your Evergreen account or calling the library.
Can I opt-out of auto-renewals?
No, auto-renew is an automated process that applies to all Centerville Public Library cardholders. If you do not wish to keep an item when it renews, please return it when you are finished.