Meeting Room Use Policy
Terms and Conditions of Meeting Room Use
- The meeting room is unavailable between 12 to 2 PM.
- Library events hold priority in the meeting room. If a reschedule is required, a week’s notice will be given to find reasonable accommodation.
- If there is an unforeseen event that causes the library to close without notice, the party wanting to use the meeting room must reschedule at the next allowable time.
- The meeting room must be cleaned and vacated by the user 30 minutes before the library closes.
- No more than 18 people may be in the meeting room at any time.
- The user must return the meeting room to the condition it was in prior to leaving. This includes:
- All food and beverages must be removed or otherwise disposed of by the user. If the trash is too large to be placed in the provided trash receptacle, the trash must be taken with the user off of library property.
- All appliances must be returned to their original condition.
- The tables and chairs must be cleaned and disinfected.
- All electronic devices provided in the meeting room must be reset to their prior condition.
- You must be 18 years or older to reserve a meeting room.
- All individuals under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The child to adult ratio must not exceed 2 to 1 (i.e. one adult for every two children).
- The individual signing for the room must be a cardholding member of the Centerville-Center Township Public Library or hold a valid Public Library Access Card (PLAC) in their name.
- In accordance with library policy, the noise level must be kept to a reasonable level.
- The Library may limit the frequency of repeat reservations by one group.
- All lost, stolen, or damaged items provided by the library must be replaced by the signing individual or organization at a price the library deems appropriate without exception.
- The library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items that are left in the meeting room.
- If any of the information provided on the application for meeting room use is fraudulent, incorrect, or otherwise misrepresentative, the library holds the right to terminate the appointment at any time without exception.
- Failure to abide by any of these conditions may result in a ban from future use of the meeting room at the discretion of the Director.
- After any meeting or activity, the library asks that you fill out a Room Usage Evaluation Form (this information goes to the State for reporting use of the facility).
Effective: February 16, 2023