ATTENTION: Due to the rise in COVID-19 numbers, the library will be operating by appointment-only, until further notice. Please call 765-855-5223 to schedule a 30-minute appointment before visiting the library. The doors will be locked and only two groups will be allowed into the library at one time – one upstairs and one down. Thank you.
Current Building Hours:
Monday: 1-6 p.m.
Tuesday: 11* a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 1-6 p.m.
Thursday: 11* a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 11* a.m. – 5 p.m.
*From 10-11 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, we will offer a dedicated hour for seniors and for those with health risks. You MUST make an appointment for this service. Building doors will be locked.
(Staff are available by phone Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Friday 10 a.m – 5 p.m. | and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
As we all know, the world is a different place now than it was in March when we initially closed the library building. We are committed to offering safe service, so you will notice some changes when you visit us.
Here’s what is different:
Masks are required for all library visitors age 2 and older. A disposable mask will be available for patrons who do not have one.
Social distancing is practiced. Please maintain the recommended minimum distance of 6 feet between yourself and others.
Occupancy is limited.
Children under 16 must stay with an adult at all times.
Visits are limited to 30 minutes.
Meeting rooms will be unavailable.
All of our service points will have plexiglass counter shields installed.
All materials should be returned in the outdoor drop boxes or the book return in the entryway.
If you are sick, please stay home.
Here’s what is the same (or better):
Curbside service is available with new hours (more information below).
Friendly, helpful staff ready to assist you with your library needs.
Access to a huge selection of library materials through the Evergreen Indiana Consortium. Access the online catalog at Evergreen. (http://evergreen.lib.in.us).
Free WiFi available throughout the building and the parking lot.
Be sure to check our website for up-to-date information on services and follow us on Facebook.
How does curbside pickup work?
Curbside service is available Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Friday 10 a.m – 5 p.m. | and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
To get CPL materials via Curbside Pickup:
• You must have a library card. If you do not have a card and cannot come into the building to apply for one, please call us at 765-855-5223.
• If calling, you can request specific materials or have staff select materials in the media or genre you prefer.
• If you placed holds over the phone, CPL staff will call you when your materials are ready. If you placed holds through the Evergreen website, you will receive an automated call, email, or text when your materials are ready (depending on your personal settings). Materials will be checked out and bagged with a receipt for you.
• When picking up materials, if you are driving, please remain in your vehicle. If walking, please stand outside the building and maintain safe distancing. If you have not made prior arrangements with staff, please call 765-855-5223, and they will deliver your requested materials bagged and in a safe manner.
• If you have materials to return, please put them in the outside book/DVD return boxes on the alley.
Contact us if you are physically unable to pick up materials.
-More information on employee safeguards–
*** All library procedures are subject to change as necessary ***